Friday, September 17, 2010

Les Arenes

Here's an interesting surprise that I turned up researching this blog. Turns out I was wrong, and people still make CD-R artwork.

From Roxy Art

From Roxy Art

Case in point: Here's an album of Roxy performing in 1982 in Cap d'Agde, France on the Avalon tour that was not generally circulating while I was active in fandom. The sleeve is by Ace Bootlegs, who assembled artwork at least from 2007 to 2009. There are certain standards to Ace's design, including the stock green background to the rear cover and a little inset detail from the Avalon cover.

Ace picks some pretty good cover models, but this would have been greatly improved, to my eye, if he reversed the image so that the model's face was on the front cover, and put the name ROXY MUSIC on the same panel as her face. Also, the text on the spine is upside down. Still, Ace has a better eye than most. I'll find a few more before I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment