Wednesday, September 15, 2010

As the Lights Go Down

I really have no idea who did this one. It was not Mr. Monopoly.

From Roxy Art

From Roxy Art

There's no credit at all on this sleeve, a policy with which I never agreed. There was an opinion held by a minority of traders that naming oneself, even in pseudonym, was tacky, and perhaps this came from one of them. It was most likely made by somebody familiar with the Avalon mailing list, as the designer was able to name three of the four instrumentals played during the earlier shows of Bry's 1999-2000 tour, and I recall that these were identified on that list as "Por una Cabeza," "Nightfall" and "I'm for it Too."

The back cover was made at far too low a resolution for any kind of quality printing, which is a shame, as I really like that photo used on the front. I wish I could have suggested that the designer ramp up the resolution on the back, and perhaps add some musician credits.

No comments:

Post a Comment