Wednesday, September 22, 2010

1982 Tour Rehearsals

Found this one while doing a little research. This isn't the only sleeve out there with Dita von Teese as the cover model.

From Roxy Art

From Roxy Art

Admittedly, this is not a recording that I've heard, but I couldn't imagine it being all that entertaining until I saw the track list. I mentioned previously that the 1982-83 tour was my least favorite Roxy tour, in part because of the tired set list and in part because, from the tapes available, if they were giving 100% every night, something was making 100% a little rough going. (Except Glasgow '82 - that show was awesome.) On the other hand, they rehearsed both "More Than This" and "The Space Between," neither of which were present on any night that I heard, and either one would have spiced that lazy tour up considerably.

Anyway, not a bad sleeve, and Dita is a terrific choice for a cover model - a helluva better choice than Kate Moss, I'd say - but she looks downright creepy in that front cover photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment