Wednesday, September 22, 2010

At the Pavilion

From Roxy Art

From Roxy Art

I really like this design that I did. The problem was that a certain so-called Mechanibax passed along a tape of Roxy's 2001 DC show with apologies for the damage to two tracks. For the resulting album, tracks were inserted from Strimpldisc's recording of the first night in NYC three days later.

The cover photo was from Vanity Fair's 2001 "The Music Issue." It's one of my all-time favorite pics of Bry and I think it makes a darn good album cover. Here, I inverted the usual album tradition and put Bry on the front and a girl - Milla Jovovich, I think - on the back. Turns out this is one of my favorite designs, in part because of the unintentional match in tone and shade between the two images. It's a design that required minimal fiddling.

No comments:

Post a Comment